To provide case management, advocacy, and crisis intervention to survivors of domestic violence and their children who are residing at shelter.
· Provide support, advocacy, crisis intervention, case management, and resources to survivors of domestic violence following the empowerment based advocacy model.
· Carry an assigned caseload and meeting with each participant on a regular basis to provide resources, advocacy, and ongoing safety planning.
· Communicate with the Case Management Manager any needs, concerns, and successes that arise on your caseload.
· Participate in ongoing case reviews.
· Initiate and complete intake documents and procedures.
· Complete all required paperwork, data entry, and monthly reports in a timely manner.
· Work with participants to assist them in assessing their needs and goals and help them develop and implement a a plan to achieve their goals.
· Assist survivors with completing the injunction packet and attend court with the survivor as needed.
· Make appropriate referrals to community partners and CASA Outreach Services.
· Coordinate transportation for survivors and their children to necessary appointments related to the domestic violence incident in CASA vehicles or planning routes to utilize the bus system.
· Provide participants with information about the Victim Compensation Program and the Address Confidentiality Program..
· Advocate with other community agencies and the criminal justice system on participant’s behalf as needed.
· Provide back up to the hotline as needed.
· Perform tasks related to participant exits, including packing and storing of belongings.
· Stay current with personal training hours.
· Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of all areas designated for use by participants.
· Facilitate or coordinate support groups/empowerment based workshops as requested by the Case Management Manager.
· Post all scheduled meetings and commitments on your Outlook Calendar.
· Ensure basic needs are stocked in the case management office at all times.
· Assist in cleaning and maintaining the CASA kennel as needed in addition to checking on pets that are housed in the kennel.
· Assist the Residential Life Advocate Team by assisting with cleaning rooms after a survivor leaves shelter.
· Assist in providing coverage in other program areas as requested by management.
· Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Understand and abide by CASA’s Confidentiality Policy at all times and respect boundaries.
· Understand and abide by all CASA’s Policies and Procedures at all times.
· Demonstrate a commitment to treat residents, volunteers, and co-workers in a respectful manner at all times.
· Attend staff meetings.
· Attend and participate in ongoing training opportunities.
· Assist with training and supervision of volunteers.
· Agree to work a flexible schedule when required, which may include changing schedules to ensure case management coverage, due to illness, absence, vacation other staff members, or a natural disaster.
· Complete special projects and presentations as requested.
· Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, or have equivalent life experiences.
· Experience working with survivors of domestic violence or other crisis experience preferred.
· Demonstrate knowledge of current community resources and have the ability to maintain working relationships with agencies.
· Bilingual preferred
· Agree to drive agency vehicles as needed.
· Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified on an annual basis.
· Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds.
· Agree to participate in a background check upon employment.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com