Position Title: Case Manager Advocate
Reports To: Case Manager Supervisor
Major Function: To provide case management, advocacy, and crisis intervention to survivors of domestic violence and their children who are residing at shelter. Answer the domestic violence hotline and provide quality services to callers.
*Sign on Bonuses available for New Hires at CASA! We Want You to Join Our Team!
$250 for satisfactory performance and completion of the first 30 days of employment
$300 after satisfactory performance and completion of the first 90 days of employment
· Schedule: 4pm – 12:30am
· Provide support, advocacy, crisis intervention, case management, and resources to survivors of domestic violence following the empowerment-based advocacy model.
· Answer the domestic violence hotline and provide quality services to callers.
· Monitor the hotline chat and provide advocacy services to survivors through this platform.
· Monitor the security cameras as assigned.
· Carry an assigned caseload and meeting with each participant on a regular basis to provide resources, advocacy, and ongoing safety planning.
· Communicate with the Case Management Manager any needs, concerns, and successes that arise on your caseload.
· Participate in ongoing case reviews.
· Initiate and complete intake documents and procedures.
· Complete all required paperwork, data entry, and monthly reports in a timely manner.
· Work with participants to assist them in assessing their needs and goals and help them develop and implement a plan to achieve their goals.
· Assist survivors with completing the injunction packet and attend court with the survivor as needed.
· Make appropriate referrals to community partners and CASA Outreach Services.
· Coordinate transportation for survivors and their children to necessary appointments related to the domestic violence incident in CASA vehicles or planning routes to utilize the bus system.
· Provide participants with information about the Victim Compensation Program and the Address Confidentiality Program.
· Advocate with other community agencies and the criminal justice system on participant’s behalf as needed.
· Perform tasks related to participant exits, including packing and storing of belongings.
· Stay current with personal training hours.
· Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of all areas designated for use by participants.
· Facilitate or coordinate support groups/empowerment-based workshops as requested by the Case Management Manager.
· Post all scheduled meetings and commitments on your Outlook Calendar.
· Ensure basic needs are stocked in the case management office at all times.
· Assist in cleaning and maintaining the CASA kennel as needed in addition to checking on pets that are housed in the kennel.
· Assist the Residential Life Advocate Team by assisting with cleaning rooms after a survivor leaves shelter.
· Assist in providing coverage in other program areas as requested by management.
· Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Understand and abide by CASA’s Confidentiality Policy at all times and respect boundaries.
· Understand and abide by all CASA’s Policies and Procedures at all times.
· Demonstrate a commitment to treat residents, volunteers, and co-workers in a respectful manner at all times.
· Attend staff meetings.
· Attend and participate in ongoing training opportunities.
· Assist with training and supervision of volunteers.
· Agree to work a flexible schedule when required, which may include changing schedules to ensure case management coverage, due to illness, absence, vacation other staff members, or a natural disaster.
· Complete special projects and presentations as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent education/life experience or a minimum of one-year proven success in a current CASA direct service position,
· Experience working with survivors of domestic violence or other crisis related experience preferred.
· Demonstrate knowledge of current community resources and have the ability to maintain working relationships with agencies.
· Bilingual preferred
· Agree to drive agency vehicles as needed.
· Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified on an annual basis.
· Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds.
· Agree to participate in a background check upon employment.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com