MAJOR FUNCTION: This role will assist the Development Officer by pursuing funds from a variety of sources, participating in fundraising drives, and soliciting in-kind donations. Will cultivate and maintain donor relationships, prepare communications for annual fundraising and donor recognition, and assist with the administration of the donor database.
· Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects through visits and other forms of direct personal contact.
· Mobilize individual and corporate donors to give, advocate and volunteer by discovering their interests.
· Research and cultivate relationships with individual and corporate donors and community agencies for the solicitation of in-kind goods.
· Communicates with potential donors regarding items to be donated, as well as planned delivery of said items.
· Work with Development Project Coordinator to ensure acknowledgement of in-kind donations through Raisers Edge in a timely manner.
· Cultivate and serve as the main contact for organizations and community groups that are hosting third-party fundraising activities that benefit CASA.
· Enhance CASA’s participation in the community through local networking groups and cultivate these relationships into revenue opportunities.
· Partner with Development and Marketing staff to recommend and implement programs, including two key annual engagement events, to engage, cultivate and steward donors.
· Utilize Raisers Edge to support data-informed decision-making about donors, analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and develop work plans which maximize potential for giving.
· Maintain Raisers Edge Database as a tool to help build relationships by keeping accurate and up to date account records.
· Utilize knowledge gathered from donor meetings to develop and implement strategies to engage donors.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· At least two (2) years’ experience in fund raising, sales or demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining donor relationships.
· Or a comparable combination of education and work experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
· Proven ability to collaborate with people and build relationships.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking.
· Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
· Strong ability to analyze data.
· Demonstrated ability to prepare reports, present data in an understandable format.
· Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of standard office hours.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail.
· Knowledge of business and social community.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
· Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License and auto insurance.
· Ability and willingness to drive CASA vehicles.
· Agree to a background check.
· Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift fifty pounds.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com