Position Title: Maintenance Assistant
Reports To: Maintenance Technician
Major Function: Responsible for maintaining, cleaning, safety, grounds keeping, and upkeep of CASA Transitional Housing apartment grounds, equipment, appliances and vehicles, and Administration/ Arlington grounds under the direction of the Maintenance Technician.
*Sign on Bonuses available for New Hires at CASA! We Want You to Join Our Team!
$250 for satisfactory performance and completion of the first 30 days of employment
$300 after satisfactory performance and completion of the first 90 days of employment
· Maintain the operation of facilities, equipment and grounds in compliance with all applicable fire, health and safety standards and ensure ADA compliance.
· Develop and manage routine systems and inspections to ensure preventive maintenance program.
· Maintain and minor repairs on the interior/exterior of CASA buildings, such as painting, changing light bulbs/ fixtures, changing a/c filters, unclogging pipes, and related.
· Maintain and repair small appliances, lawn care equipment, and CASA owned tools to ensure the greatest degree of safety.
· Maintain the interior/exterior of vehicles. Keep vehicles clean, in good operating condition to include maintaining fluid levels and replacing and/or adjusting minor worn or damaged parts (belts, plugs, fuses, etc.). Assist with a preventive maintenance schedule and work with outside vendors when necessary (tires, body repairs, etc.).
· Clean and replace filters on air conditioners and keep central heating and air conditioning systems on scheduled maintenance.
· Maintain and clean exterior as needed (gutters, parking lot, roof, trash/dumpster, etc.).
· Maintain a positive and professional rapport with CASA residents, staff, volunteers, service providers, and vendors. Represent CASA to the public in the community with a positive attitude.
· Supervise vendors during routine contract maintenance or repairs as needed.
· Maintain exteriors of building and grounds surrounding Transitional Housing, Administration building, and Arlington building including lawn care and picking up trash, i.e. mowing, trimming, weed eating, etc.
· Conduct monthly tour of Transitional Housing facility and grounds with Maintenance Technician for needed repairs, maintenance and potential safety issues. Record results on checklist and submit to Administration.
· Supervise all group volunteer projects that involve the facility and grounds.
· Perform janitorial duties twice weekly.
· Assist with putting away bulk order deliveries.
· Assist with organizing and maintaining a current list of all vendors, service and product warranties and service contracts.
· Assist as needed with getting competitive bids for needed equipment and repairs in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Follow CASA policy and procedures in carrying out all duties and responsibilities.
· Understand and abide by CASA’s Confidentiality Policy at all times and respect boundaries of Transitional Housing residents
· Maintain a positive and professional rapport with CASA participants, staff, volunteers, service providers, and vendors.
· Demonstrate a commitment to treat residents, volunteers, and co-workers in a respectful manner at all times.
· Attend and participate in all required trainings.
· Complete special projects as requested.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
· Possess a working knowledge of basic skills in property maintenance, such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, and electrical fields.
· Agree to drive agency vehicles as needed.
· Must be able to report to work location as scheduled.
· Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
· Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds.
· Agree to participate in a background check upon employment.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com