POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Marketing & Special Events Manager
MAJOR FUNCTION: Reporting to and collaborating with the Marketing & Special Events Manager, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and executing various communications initiatives and marketing campaigns.
FLSA: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Public Relations & Social Media
- Create and distribute press releases, media relations content, and digital newsletter content
- Promote the organization through public relations initiatives
- Manage CASA’s social media assets, including campaign ideation and execution
- Identify, develop, and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and corporate supporters
- Develop and manage media relationships and coordinate/manage press interviews
- Research media coverage and industry trends
- Build meaningful relationships with critical journalists
Marketing & Communications
- Create and maintain marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
- Work with publication vendors for timely ad submissions
- Design and create ads to help support departmental marketing needs
- Design and launch email marketing fundraising campaigns
- Maintain website design and operation
- Create and maintain organization literature and other forms of communication
- Develop fresh story ideas
- Create and maintain event collateral.
- Develop and maintain relationships with area event focused vendors.
- Serve as liaison for all vendors on event related matters.
- Work with Marketing Manager to oversee event production to include problem solving, welcoming guests, coordinating staff and volunteers, organizing vendors and direct event set-up and clean up.
- Develop and manage monthly reports of KPIs on Marketing and Communication efforts
- Work with Special Events & Marketing Manager to execute project needs
- Brief Special Events & Marketing Manager on design, copy, image, and content needs for promotional and fundraising literature and activities
- Act as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all projects
- Work with Advancement Project Coordinator to increase operational efficiency and help set up and improve workflow processes when and where needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in hospitality, marketing, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of marketing and/or event management experience.
- Prior experience in a non-profit development or marketing role preferred.
- Understanding of concepts in print and online design and layout.
- Experience working with social media websites, newsletters, and local media.
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Proven track record of successful event management.
- Excellent verbal, written, and editing communication skills.
- A strong record of accomplishment as an implementer who thrives on managing various crucial initiatives concurrently.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
- Personal transportation and auto insurance.
- Ability and willingness to drive CASA vehicles.
- Agree to a background check.
- Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift 50 pounds.