The Sr. Manager of Communications is responsible for leading the development of strategic communications and elevating the organization’s profile. Efforts include support of CASA’s brand messaging, development of strategic communications programs, media relations, budget management, and event messaging.
- Responsible for supporting a consistent internal and external brand messaging strategy that is reflected across all programs and service areas, as well as select internal marketing programs.
- Develops communications key messages and talking points and manages the implementation across all communications programs (PR, Donor Relations and internal etc.).
- Assist with strategic communication requirements for executives, including presentation development, interview talking points and speech writing, if applicable.
- Responsible for identifying and building relationships with new and existing editors, reporters, producers, and bloggers to increase media coverage.
- Uncover and exploit exposure opportunities with key media outlets.
- Supports Donor Relations programs, providing direction on message development and writing fundraising appeals.
- Supports Community Educations program to ensure brand messaging is consistent throughout all trainings.
- Responsible for managing and creating websites blog content.
- Build strong working relationships with organization’s executives, team members, vendors, and partner agencies to promote an integrated communications approach across the organization.
- Provide direct supervision and support to the Special Events and Marketing Manager.
- Responsible for creating all event messaging and scripting.
- Manage event budgets and provide department reports to Sr. Director of Advancement.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent life experience.
- Significant professional experience in communications.
- Prior experience in a non-profit development or communications role preferred.
- Familiarity and website management systems.
- Experience managing social media websites and newsletters.
- Understanding of concepts in print and online design and layout.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communications skills.
- A strong record of accomplishment as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communication discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually. Personal transportation and auto insurance