Position Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Major Functions: This position primarily performs functions involved in accounts payable and accounts receivable. Provides support and assistance to the Chief Financial Officer.
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
- Ensures all proper documentation and authorizations are included for every invoice package. Follows up with staff for any missing items or signatures.
- Prepares and enters weekly Accounts Payable invoices into Abila MIP system.
- Prepares checks for signature and coordinates with CEO.
- Scans invoice packages and maintains accounts payable files.
- Maintains vendor files, obtains vendor W-9’s, researches and resolved any invoice issues.
- Creates and maintains processes to track regular recurring vendor payments and ensure timely payment.
- Acts as the primary contact for all staff regarding questions about invoices and checks.
- Prepares and issues vendor 1099 statements annually.
- Adds and maintains fixed asset records into the Abila MIP system.
- Reviews weekly deposit reports from the Raiser’s Edge system and posts deposit entries to the Abila MIP system.
- Reviews weekly Thrift store deposits and prepares monthly Thrift sales journal entry.
- Works cooperatively with various departments to meet fiscal goals.
- Strictly adheres to all financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Assists with audit, as well as recordkeeping required by grants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- One to two years of experience in accounts payable or general accounting preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word software applications
- Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Possess a valid Florida State Drivers License to be annually verified.
- Willingness and ability to drive agency vehicles.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to problem solve and to carry out assignments based on structured tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.