If you’re looking for rewarding volunteer opportunities in Pinellas County, then CASA is the right place for you! CASA welcomes volunteers with diverse backgrounds and skills to enrich our domestic violence programs. All skill levels are appreciated and all volunteers are considered advocates for social change. Volunteer opportunities include thrift store support, community education, outreach support, crisis intervention and providing safe environments for survivors of domestic violence and their children.
How to Become a Volunteer
If you’re looking for rewarding volunteer opportunities in Pinellas County, and would like to support domestic violence survivors and their children, please sign up for one of our Volunteer Open Houses to learn more.
Need Court Ordered Community Service Hours?
CASA OFFERS COMMUNITY SERVICE VOLUNTEER HOURS AT OUR CASA THRIFT SHOP IN DOWNTOWN ST. PETERSBURG. Learn more below.
1. Must be able to complete hours within Thrift Shop business hours of M-F 9a-5:30p; Sat. 9a-4p.
2. Must be able to spend at least 2 hours each shift, but may stay longer.
1. Assist with receiving donations, thanking donors, and asking if they would like a receipt.
2. Assist in sorting, hanging, & pricing of donated merchandise.
3. Assist with stocking and organizing sales & storage areas.
4. Receive merchandise selected by customer, help cashier by bagging items.
5. Other related duties as assigned by management.
1. Arrive on time for designated shift.
2. Follow CASA’s policies & procedures, including CASA’s confidentiality policy.
3. Handle situations in a professional & responsible manner.
4. Sign in & out of the volunteer log; pick up & drop off volunteer badge.
5. Complete special projects & other duties as assigned.
6. Contact Thrift Shop manager with any problems involving volunteer duties.
1. Must be at least 16 years of age.
2. Be able to work independently or with a team member.
3. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
4. Must pass a background check with no history of domestic violence.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org OR stop by our Thrift Shop at 1011 1st Avenue N. St. Petersburg for more information and to get started!
CASA volunteers can serve as ambassadors of CASA at community events, assist in the CASA Thrift Shop, do administrative work, group projects and more! The first step is to register and attend a Volunteer Open House at https://www.casapinellas.org/volunteer/
Clubs, organizations, corporations and business groups of up to 15 people are welcome to volunteer together. Email Elyssa at email@example.com to find out what projects might be available, and to set a date.
Please bring a filled bottle of water whether volunteering for an inside or outside project and wear closed-toe shoes. Dress appropriately for the area you will be working in – business casual for administration work, modest shorts and t-shirt if volunteering outside and comfortable clothing when volunteering in the Thrift Shop. No short-shorts, spaghetti straps or midriffs, please.
All volunteers must be 16 years or older to become a regular, indirect volunteer, and 18 or older to attend training to become a direct volunteer.
Volunteering directly with domestic violence survivors who are recovering from trauma requires special training mandated by the State of Florida and the Department of Children & Families. Once certified, a commitment to a regular volunteer schedule is expected in one of the following areas: Shelter Advocate, Youth Center Advocate, Justice Advocate or Life Skills Advocate. Register for, and attend, a Volunteer Open House for more information and to get started as a volunteer with CASA at https://www.casapinellas.org/volunteer/
For the safety of our staff and participants, all volunteers will be subject to a Level I background check to ensure there is no history of committing acts of domestic violence.
Meet our Volunteers
Stay Up to Date with CASA
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact