Position Title: Residential Life Advocate
Reports To: Residential Life Advocate Manager
Major Function: To assist in promoting the well-being of shelter residents. Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution, safety planning, and support. Responsible to promote safety, security, and cleanliness of the shelter.
*Sign on Bonuses available for New Hires at CASA! We Want You to Join Our Team!
$250 for satisfactory performance and completion of the first 30 days of employment
$300 after satisfactory performance and completion of the first 90 days of employment
· Schedule: 12am-8:30am
· Provide crisis intervention and support to survivors of domestic violence.
· Ensure the security and safety of the shelter and residents.
· Work with participants to assist them in meeting their daily needs.
· Coordinate transportation for survivors and their children in CASA vehicles or planning routes to utilize the bus system.
· Accompany participants to appointments with other agencies, as necessary.
· Perform statistical and administrative tasks as assigned.
· Document services in case files, spreadsheets, and database as indicated by CASA policies.
· Track and document shelter population occupancy daily.
· Effectively respond to crisis situations in shelter per CASA policies.
· Prepare rooms to receive new intakes by stocking with necessary supplies and ensuring rooms are in order and ready for the individual or family.
· Perform tasks related to participant exits, including packing and storing of belongings.
· Assist participants with completion of responsibilities involving community living.
· Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of all areas designated for use by participants.
· Ensure that kitchens are stocked with a variety of appropriate foods.
· Assist with the acceptance and distribution of donations and supplies.
· Prepare meals for shelter participants and their children.
· Monitor inventory level of food, linens, personal care items, and general shelter supplies.
· Monitor the maintenance of the facility, operating systems, and appliances.
· Assist in cleaning and maintaining CASA Kennel, as well as providing care to animals.
· Facilitate social and recreational activities designed for participants in shelter.
· Must be able to work within an empowerment-based service delivery system.
· May provide back up to crisis hotline as needed.
· Participate in weekly staff meetings.
· Participate in weekly supervision with your Residential Life Manager.
· Understand and abide by CASA’s Confidentiality Policy at all times and respect boundaries.
· Demonstrate a commitment to treat residents, volunteers, and co-workers in a respectful manner at all times.
· Attend and participate in all required training.
· Stay current with all personal training.
· Assist with training and supervision of volunteers.
· Agree to work a flexible schedule when required, which may include changing shifts to ensure 24-hour Shelter coverage, due to illness, absence, or vacation other staff members.
· Complete special projects and presentations as requested.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 1 year of human services experienced preferred.
· Bilingual preferred.
· Agree to drive agency vehicles as needed.
· Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
· Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds.
· Agree to participate in a background check upon employment.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com